ProMasonry Hydraulic Plug is a single component, fast setting hydraulic cement that can be either hand or trowel applied.
Stop running water, pressure leaks and seepage. Seal concrete and clay pipe joints. Seal through wall pipes and conduit in foundation walls. Crack repair on static cracks.
Fast setting - changes from a mortar-like consistency to a hardened state in approximately 60 seconds.
- Expands as it sets to create a watertight seal.
- Easy to use. Simply add water and mix.
- Can be top coated with appropriate materials.
- Stops leaks underwater.
- Can be used interior or exterior, above or below grade, vertical or overhead.
- Safe for use in drinking water systems when fully cured.
Remove loose and deteriorated material, laitance, dirt, dust, oil and any surface contaminants that will inhibit proper bond.
- Prepare a mechanical key using a hammer and chisel to notch a keyway in the area of the leak. Minimum depth of repair is 3/4 inch.
- Relieve pressure where necessary by drilling weep holes near the bottom of the wall.
- For static cracks, and at the intersection of the wall and floor slab rout the crack at least 3/4 x 3/4 inch, slightly undercutting if possible.
- Saturate substrate with clean water, (saturated surface dry/SSD).
No priming is required under normal circumstances.
Pour a small amount of water into a clean vessel. Slowly add powder while mixing with gloved hand or margin trowel to a stiff mortar consistency. Do not re -temper.
Scoop the material while still plastic, with a gloved hand.
- Form a ball of the material and hold until it begins to generate heat.
- Once warm, press into the hole or prepared keyway with force.
- Hold in place for 1 minute or until hard.
- Shave excess material from surface.
- Cold water will slow set, warm water will accelerate set.
- Apply ProMasonry Décor Seal for additional waterproof protection.
No curing procedures are required.
Clean tools and equipment with water immediately after use.
Cured material will need to be mechanically removed.
Physical state and appearance :
Fine, gray powder
Wet mix >12
Wet mix 130 lbs./ft.3
Setting time by Gilmore:
ASTM C266 Initial 2 minutes - Final 2.5 minutes
Percent air by volumetric:
ASTM C173 5%
Compressive strengths - psi:
1 Day 1,600
7 Days 4,200
28 Days 5,000
Tensile strengths - psi:
ASTM C307 7 Days 500 (3.4 MPa)
ASTM C307 28 Days 600 (4.1 MPa)
0.40 ft.3/50 lbs.
Packaging - 10 lbs. and 50 lbs. plastic pails.
Shelf Life - 18 months when properly stored.
Storage - Transport and store in cool, clean, dry conditions in unopened containers.
High temperature or high humidity will reduce shelf life.
Do not apply unless substrate and ambient temperature can be maintained at a minimum of 40Â°F for 24 hours. Refer to ACI Cold Weather Application Guidelines.
- Cold mixing water and low temperature will retard set. Hot water and high temperature will accelerate set.
- Do not add more water than specified.
- Avoid overworking material during placement.
May cause eye and skin irritation.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Product is alkaline. Do not ingest. Avoid breathing dust. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for additional information. Keep out of reach of children.
In case of skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. For eye contact, flush immediately with a high volume of water for at least 15 minutes and contact a medical professional. For respiratory problems remove person to fresh air.
Dispose of material in accordance with local, state or federal regulations.
MANUFACTURER'S LIMITED WARRANTY
Conproco Corp. warrants this product for one year from date of installation to be free from manufacturing defects and to meet the technical properties on the current technical data sheet if used as directed within shelf life. User determines suitability of product for use and assumes all risks. Buyer's sole remedy shall be limited to the purchase price or replacement of product exclusive of labor or cost of labor. February 2008 NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED SHALL APPLY INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CONPROCO CORP. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.